In this article, I’ll be sharing one of my all-time favourite (and easiest) DIY recipes with you: rose water facial toner.
Rose water is really great for hydration and balancing your skin. It’s also an astringent, so it helps to keep your pores clean and tone your skin. And, its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties can help reduce acne, redness, scars, and other skin irritations. Plus, it feels really good and it smells lovely, which is calming and helps to relieve stress.
This is such an easy DIY and it’s also really effective. Let’s get started!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Rose petals, fresh or dried (ideally from organic roses with no pesticides)
- Distilled water (but I don’t have that, so I’m using filtered water)
- A saucepan
- A strainer and funnel
- A glass bottle or jar to store it in
- Rose absolute essential oil (optional)
- Start by rinsing your rose petals to clean them of any dirt.
- Add the petals to your saucepan and add just enough water so that they’re covered. For a couple of handfuls of petals, I’m using 2 cups of water.
- Bring your water to a simmer over low heat, then cover and simmer for around 45 minutes.
- Let it cool completely, and then strain it into your bottle or jar.
- Add a couple drops of essential oil if you want (if you do this step, don’t forget to shake it before you use it).
I like to store my bottle in the fridge to prolong its life and use it as a cooling mist. I spray it on my face and arms right before bed – it feels so nice on hot summer nights!
And there you have it. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! Let me know what your favourite beauty DIY is in the comments below.
Thanks for reading,
Regularly I used rosewater in my daily skincare routine. This homemade rosewater toner is more effective for skin. So this article very useful and informative. Thank you for this amazing article.