Because who doesn’t want a vacation in a glass? This healthy homemade pina colada recipe only requires a few ingredients, has much less sugar than pre-made mixes from the store, and tastes like a dream.
I like to use Havana Club white rum, but any other type of white or gold rum will work just as well. You can also freeze your own fresh pineapple chunks; I just bought a frozen bag and it turned out great.
- 1 banana
- 1.5 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- Havana Club white rum (3-4 oz)
- Fresh pineapple or coconut flakes to garnish (optional)
- Palm tree to sit under while drinking (also optional)
- Throw the banana, frozen pineapple chunks, rum and coconut milk in a blender, and puree until smooth.
- Pour into your fanciest glass, sprinkle with coconut flakes, pop a pineapple slice on the rim, and enjoy!
Makes about four servings, but you can drink all of them if you want – I won’t tell.
What’s your favourite healthy homemade cocktail recipe? Let me know in the comments below!
Pin for later: