It’s that time again! Summer is pretty much here, and with the change in season comes a changeover in my capsule wardrobe. I was really feeling a very minimalist style and colour palette for the summer season. You’ll see that black is back in full force after trying to inject a little more colour in my spring capsule. In this article I’ll be showing you all of the items in my summer 2018 capsule wardrobe. I’ll also include some outfits that will hopefully give you some inspiration on how to style the pieces and put it all together.
My Summer 2018 Capsule Wardrobe
My summer capsule wardrobe is made up of 40 pieces, including accessories (but not intimates, swimwear or active wear). Many of these can be found in my basic capsule wardrobe. For the most part, I already owned a lot of these items, however I did do a small refresh at the beginning of the season and picked up a few new pieces. These are:
- Graphic band tee – I’ve wanted one of these for a while, but had so much trouble finding them in the thrift stores. Plus, I wanted it to be a tee of someone I actually like and not just some random band. So I picked up this one from Lana Del Rey’s online store featuring her latest album and tour dates. She’s my absolute favourite artist and I’m so glad I ended up getting this! Unfortunately it looks like it’s sold out now on her website.
- Taupe crew neck sweater – I was looking for a really cozy, casual crew-neck sweater and loved the colour of this one. It’s so soft and fits like a dream – it’s exactly what I was looking for!
- Jumpsuit – This is something that was missing from my wardrobe. It’s such a versatile piece – it works well dressed up (I already wore it once to a wedding), or dressed down over a tee with sneakers.
- Black Converse hi-top sneakers – I love my white Converse so much and have had them for years, so I finally decided to get another pair. This time I went for the classic black, and I got the hi-tops so they’re a little bit different than what I already own.
- Mules – I had wanted a pair of mules for a really long time, and found these ones from Joe Fresh. I’m actually not a huge fan of their brand, and wish I had gone for purchasing a more ethical/sustainable option. But, you live and you learn! I love these ones from Nisolo – obviously these are more of an investment, but they are worth considering if you can afford them and want to buy a high-quality product from an ethical company.
Since everything else has been in my wardrobe for a while, most of them are no longer available. However if you’re interested in a particular item, let me know in the comments and I’ll do my best to find a link to something similar for you!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram to see how I style this capsule in person. And, let me know which outfit is your favourite in the comments below!
Thanks for reading,